So, a multitude of factors conspired to get me back into the bento mood - all the talk of themed bentos, my upcoming trip (more later) and making my own cookie cutter (and subsequent comments).
From top left, clockwise!
- Cheese, carrot and cucumber in various shapes and forms. The cheese was bought sliced - which was useful later.
- Baby plum tomatoes - generally I get the little rounder baby tomatos, and I can't say I can tell the difference, really :)
- Veggie sausage and cheese divider. Good old veggie sausage.
- Grapes! Now, if you've seen my bento's before, you'll know that they generally don't have a built in sweet section. This is unusual for me.
- Marshmallow fruity-coconut mushrooms! Very appropriate, I thought. They're tasty, but unfortunately I've never found veggie marshmallows - so gelatine makes a reluctant appearance here.
- Mario level! Rice with nori background. Cucumber pipe with a plum tomato fire plant spitting a carrot and cheese fireball! Veggie sausage floor, with a cucumber and tomato Koopa. Veggie sausage destroyable bricks (I finger painted them with soy to make them brown instead of sausage pink) and a cheese and nori special block :D
- Edamame and good old faithful veggie dumplings. I don't think I even burned them, this time! I know - shock horror. Fish-bottle of soy, dollop of squeezy mustard and tomato sauce/ketchup.